Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cupcakes!!!

So for the past few weeks I have been trying to figure out something to do in the evening to make a few extra dollars that I can continue to do after starting a family. I took a few cake decorating classes, but I had no desire to make wedding cakes. It never occurred to me to make cupcakes. Well I stumbled across a blog where this lady makes cupcakes out of her home. She is AMAZING. As I was looking at her cupcakes I kept thinking to myself "I know how to do that" and I light came on in my head... "why can't I do that?" I love making cakes for other people, why not try to do it as a part time job. So today after church it was all I could think about to try to make some of these cupcakes. I didn't have everything to make the frosting so I had to use some frosting I had made previously (it doesn't go bad) and it was a little too soft. I think they turned out pretty well but some of the rose peddles started to melt together because it was too soft. I am going to try again tomorrow and will post more pictures. But let me know what you think of these!






7 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Cute Annie! A little stiffer frosting and a little more practice and they'll be cuter than that girls! Well done! Excellent idea!

Ashlee said...

So cute. I had no idea when you talked about cupcakes on Sunday you were thinking of making them for side money. That's AWESOME!!! they look great

-if you need taste testers..but are just down the street :)

Meg said...

That is a great idea. I loved your red velvet cupcakes. SO delicious.

aliciamae100 said...

there's something about mini cupcakes that is sooo irresistable! they look great!!

Cynthia said...

Oh Annie, those are just beautiful, how do you do that? I'm sure you could sell those. Remember my birthday is coming up, I hope I get a yummy cake from you.

Rebecca said...

The cupcakes are so cute. You do an amazing job at cakes and cupcakes. Go for it.

Sunnie Howard said...

You go girl! That seems awesome! I'll keep you in mind for my next family gathering. BTW we have a party coming up this weekend... just saying.