Wednesday, November 26, 2008




I wanted to give a little updated since the last posting:



I feel that since I did several postings only on Twilight I should say something about what I thought about the movie... So Twilight..... what can I say? I loved it! I will give my honest opinion on the movie but I want to make sure you all realize that really enjoyed the movie.



As anyone should realize a movie made from a book is never going to be as good as the book. Yes, there are those few expectations but in general you cannot get the same feeling from a movie that you can the book. For example, throughout Twilight the book we get to hear Bella's thoughts every second of the way. What she thinks about each of her friends when she meets them, what she things about her dad and so on. As the movie narrates some of it... the really important parts... we don't get to hear her thoughts of when everyone calls her Isabella on her first day. Therefore we don't see how happy she is when Edward calls her Bella the first time. That is a big point in the story where Bella realizes something about Edward and unless you are really paying attention in the movie you don't realize it. By the time he actually says her name everyone else in the school knows her by Bella. Things like that you just don't get out of a movie that you do a book. But they did a good job of including subtle but big moments like that.

One of my biggest beefs with the movie is the part in the forest where she tells Edward she knows he is a vampire. Yes, that is not quite how it happened in the book (anyone who hasn't seen the movie has probably figured it out by the previews so I hope I am not spoiling anything) but I am okay with this change. It did not change anything. But his little rant and rave thing is just weird.... the special effects are to "Harry Potter" for me and it doesn't look real. I would have like them to use more stunts rather than computer generated stuff. It was good but a little odd. He was like mad... but not... and not really saying much but talking a lot. It was an odd part. But as soon as that was over the rest of that forest scene was good.

Overall it was good! I was sad that they didn't show more of the bonding between Bella and Edward but they just didn't have enough time. They needed to build up the beginning but couldn't leave anything out at the end... so the middle was left to a minimum. But I think everyone gets the idea they are in love.

I saw it twice also... I liked it a lot better the second time around.

So that wasn't a little about Twilight... once I get going I can't stop....


But it is Thanksgiving and the Bray family is very excited!!! We are having a big day with family tomorrow which will be fun! Then it is BLACK FRIDAY.... don't know if we are going to go shopping and get anything but one thing we will for sure get is a Christmas Tree! Yes... we are so very excited for Christmas we can hardly stand it! I am planning on getting out the few decorations that we have and putting them anywhere I can! We also bought some lights for outside that we will try on a tree. We bought wrapping paper and all the toppings but when we got home, we realized that we had no presents to wrap yet! So we are going over to Grandma Ruth's tonight to wrap hers! Trent will soon realize my passion for wrapping! You will for sure see pictures of our tree when it is up and many others if I can just keep my camera charged! But until next time...



No comments: